Harris, Creech, Ward and Blackerby, P.A. is a nationally recognized law firm located in historic New Bern, representing clients throughout the state of North Carolina. Tom Harris founded Harris Creech in 1990 with a primary goal: to put our clients’ needs first. That philosophy has guided us since, as the firm has grown and evolved. We exist to support and serve each and every client in an aggressive, thorough, and proactive manner, with a commitment to efficient expenditures of both time and money.
Harris Creech represents its clients with quality and expertise typically associated with much larger law firms, while at the same time, providing the service, personal attention, and value only a smaller firm can provide. Our experienced attorneys guide our clients through all stages of the litigation process, including counseling them on practices to prevent incidents from occurring that may lead to lawsuits, engaging in alternative dispute resolution, and representing them in the state and federal court systems throughout North Carolina.
No case is too big or too small for our attorneys to handle. We recognize that each client’s case is vitally important and give it the attention it deserves, with a focus on resolving each case in the most beneficial and cost effective manner. Our practice covers a broad range of areas, including medical malpractice, professional liability claims of all types, business disputes, construction liability claims, personal injury claims, insurance coverage disputes, and product liability claims.
We define our firm not only by what we are, but also by what we are not. Our commitment to our clients is to provide the highest quality legal services available, with the client’s best interests as the highest priority, in the most cost effective manner possible.
- A medium sized firm, with experienced, sophisticated attorneys who put the interests of clients first
- Attorneys who know how to prioritize and conduct litigation in a meaningful manner, with an established goal in mind
- Attorneys who recognize that our clients must be kept informed of important events in the progress of a case, so they can budget, plan and keep their superiors informed
- Hard working, dedicated advocates who strive to achieve the best possible result for our clients, and realize the firm’s “bottom line” is not the main objective
We are not:
- A Biglaw firm where the client’s objectives get lost, overlooked, or ignored
- Attorneys who charge exorbitant rates
- A firm who needlessly assigns multiple associates to a single file, resulting in redundant work and needless expense
- Litigators who engage in unnecessary tasks, like meaningless court appearances and discovery, performed without objective, by inexperienced lawyers
Harris Creech has been continually honored with the highest possible peer-rating (AV) in the renowned Martindale-Hubbell rankings. Harris Creech is also listed in the Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers, and the firm’s attorneys are regularly selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Legal Elite.