Charles E. Simpson, Jr.
In 1993, Chuck Simpson joined Harris, Creech, Ward & Blackerby upon being admitted to the North Carolina Bar, after graduating from the Campbell University School of Law where he was active on moot court and awarded a National Membership of the Order of Barristers.
Chuck has continually focused his practice on the resolution of disputes, primarily through litigation. Chuck defends individual and business clients against personal injury claims, and health care professionals and institutions against claims of professional negligence.
Chuck's experience includes trials of many dozens of cases to jury verdict, trials before judges of the North Carolina Superior Courts to non-jury verdict, as well as representing clients in many arbitration hearings. Chuck has argued cases on appeal before the North Carolina Court of Appeals and the North Carolina Supreme Court. Chuck has been voted by his peers as a Best Lawyer in America in the fields of Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury Litigation and Product Liability from 2013-2017.
Chuck has also distinguished himself outside of the courtroom as a mediator and arbitrator of disputes. Certified by the North Carolina Superior Court as a mediator, many clients seeks his mediating skills as an alternative to formal litigation. Similarly, litigants have chosen Chuck to serve as an arbitrator to decide case outcomes.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Litigation - Defense of Professional Liability
- Allied Health Professionals
- Attorneys and Other Professionals
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Automobile Liability
- Insurance Claims
Real Estate and Property Law
- Bachelor of Arts, (Economics), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1990
- Juris Doctor, Campbell University, 1993
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Section on Litigation, North Carolina Bar Association
- Craven County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Chapter of American Society of Healthcare Risk Management
- North Carolina State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of North Carolina